Dear Golden Oak Member,
They say that “mighty oaks from little acorns grow,” and that’s exactly how it has been for Golden Oak Co-op Corporation since its founding in 1989.
My name is Tim Nord, and it is my pleasure and privilege to introduce myself as the Chairman/CEO of Golden Oak, an entity that for thirty years, has dedicated itself to helping the Green Industry grow and prosper by playing a substantial role in supporting and giving back to the industry and its members.
A little personal information…
I was born and raised on a farm in Bakersfield, California and attended Fresno State University completing a Bachelor of Science degree and Cal Poly SLO completing a Masters Degree and Teaching credential.
Returning to Bakersfield I started Nord Landscape in 1971 and have had the pleasure of completing projects ranging from small residential projects, multiple commercial and industrial projects to a nine hole golf course. As a licensed contractor and landscape architect, I’m thankful for the experience and wisdom I’ve gained over the years and will continue to use that knowledge to help direct Golden Oak along with a great Board of Directors.
I joined the CLCA in 1975, served as Sec./Treasurer in 1978 and was elected state President in 1982. After serving that term and the Past President term, I was then invited to become a director with the insurance board of trustees in 1985, which ultimately became Golden Oak Coop Corp.
Over forty-six years later, I still love my work and the industry. Jan, my wonderful wife, of 48 years will attest to that!
Today, I announce the retirement of Nelson Colvin, my longtime friend and colleague of over forty-three years. Nelson has been the glue that has kept our organization together – his overall planning skills, ability to cast a strong vision and direction for the group of companies we now oversee will be sorely missed.
Nelson gave tirelessly of himself to the company, and to the industry that he loves just as dearly. He is a wonderful individual who we admire, respect and adore. We wish him and his wife Leslie the absolute best in his retirement and it is our hope that he continues to be involved in different aspects of the business.
Last year, in preparation for Nelson’s retirement, we physically relocated the Golden Oak offices to the LCIS headquarters offices in Fresno, California, under the experienced and watchful eye of LCIS President, Kim Ayala. The concept of moving started in 2016, and was implemented in 2017 between Kim, Nelson and his longtime Executive Assistant, Jan Veis.
One of the main goals of moving was to consolidate all our operations into one location. In this way, we can continue our focus on providing you, our valued Member, with the hand-picked selection of specialized insurance and business services we are known for in the Green Industry, including:
● Insurance Services: From equipment and property coverage to liability and health protection, LCIS offers comprehensive insurance for every aspect of your business. And, through Oak Creek Insurance, we also offer personal insurance protection at highly competitive rates.
● Rebates: No other insurance broker shares their success with you like LCIS. In fact, since 1990, LCIS has given back over $43 million in rebates to our clients just for purchasing their insurance through us.
● Business Services: Through a unique alliance with acclaimed business services provider BizAssure, LCIS puts the power of unlimited consultations featuring green industry-specific advice from leading attorneys, safety experts and workers’ compensation claims specialists, at your service any time you need their knowledgeable advice and support.
● Equity Sharing: Subject to certain eligibility requirements, you are eligible to participate in the Golden Oak Equity Sharing program. Since its inception, Golden Oak has distributed over $488,000 in equity shares to retired industry members.
● Financing Services: Whether you need to finance your insurance premium or purchase a piece of new or used equipment to build your business, Birch Financial Services is here to help with affordable, fast, and easy financing options.
Not only that, we proudly support you with superior customer service provided by people who truly understand your business and unique needs, including a dedicated, landscape industry specific Certificate of Insurance issuance department. In addition, you have access to professional Workers' Compensation industry claims specialists who are your advocates when you need professional representation.
What’s more, these highly relevant, unduplicated services, some of which are totally without charge, are brought to you by a team of dedicated specialists located in our Fresno offices. And there’s even more services coming in 2018, including online access to your Golden Oak equity status in the coming weeks.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with a member of my executive team, or any member of our board. Visit this page: https://www.goldenoak.org/our-team/ for more details.
In closing, I thank you for your ongoing support for our group of companies and I wish you health and prosperity in 2018.
Chairman, President & CEO
Golden Oak Cooperative Corporation